Every human being becomes sick as they become older. They are frequently compelled to go to a hospital and see their doctor. If they have a health problem, they need to be treated and cared for. This means the rise of medical expenses. This is where they are offered health insurance plans like Medicare advantage plans. These plans are offered by insurance companies and help the individuals by paying up their medical bills and treatment costs. So, if the person is 65 years old or more of age, then he is eligible to buy them. These insurance companies offer them a list of plans and one can choose the plan which is suitable for him. Medicare advantage plans will come as handy in case of any unexpected medical emergencies.
Costs that come under Medicare advantage plans
Medicare advantage plans are beneficial to all members of a household. The truth that it helps in payment of a person’s medical bills is one special reason of having that plan. One can have a look at the list of costs covered under these plans. The following benefits are covered under a Medicare advantage plans:
- Hospital insurance costs inclusive of inpatient service that comes in Part A of the plan
- Medical insurance costs covering for outpatient and doctor’s service comes in Part B of the plan
- An option drug plan inclusive of costs of prescription medicines and future rise in any medicines cost
- Coinsurance of skilled nursing care
- Hospice care costs
- And finally, there are out of pocket costs like coinsurances, copayments and deductibles
Thus the Medicare advantage plans includes all these cost except for the flowing
- Care given at a nursing home
- Private nursing care at home
- Normal routine eye and dental check up
- Hearing aids and denture devices
- Some prescription drugs
Special features of Medicare advantage plans
The 2019 Medicare advantage plans are unique in the sense that they have some features such as the following:
- A person buying medicare advantage plans must already have Medicare Plan A and Plan B
- Medigap policies also known as Medicare advantage plans should be clearly listed the same
- Only one individual is covered up in a plan. Other family member must purchase their own Medicare advantage plan.
- These plans are sold by private insurance companies who are licensed to sell them
- Medicare advantage plans are renewable when the person pays their annual premium regularly even when they have a health issue.